In the last 10 years, the use of permanent magnet motor technology has really started to take off in the pump industry. Permanent magnet motors have been around since the 1960s, originally only DC powered, but the advances for AC controlled motors began in the 1980s due to the advances in microelectronics and power semiconductor devices. This webinar will highlight how this technology can benefit pumping applications.
Participants of this webcast will learn and/or understand:
- The difference between a permanent magnet and standard (induction) motor
- The control principles of permanent magnet motors
- Key advantages (namely improved efficiency) of permanent magnet motors
- How permanent magnet motors exceed NEMA Premium motor efficiency levels
- How this new efficiency level translates to pump system energy savings
Certificate available to submit for CEU credit.
Senior Technical Training Specialist
Grundfos Pumps Corporation
Reece Robinson has a bachelor of science degree in mechanical engineering from California State University Fresno. He has more than 16 years experience providing variable speed pumping solutions and energy analysis for commercial, municipal and industrial applications.