Organization shining light on projects across infrastructure sectors.
The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) is looking for the next #GameChanger in an effort to highlight innovative projects across major infrastructure sectors.
Some key gamechangers in the pump and water industry include:
- A small Colorado town introduced a filtration design that incorporates both wind and solar power to run its purification station.
- An Illinois nonprofit and water cooperative joined forces with Illinois Fiber Connect for a first-of-its-kind initiative that runs fiber alongside water pipelines in the same trench
- A Kentucky sewage project that uses “capture and release” technology to store combined sewer overflows (CSOs) during storms before gradually releasing them into treatment facilities as capacity became available.
- A Wisconsin project fighting phosphorous.
- A Virginia project changing the way water is recycled.