HELSINKI, Finland - The future Metso Outotec Board of Directors has decided on the planned company structure and the related Executive Team appointments. The nominations become effective after the closing of the partial demerger of Metso and the combination of Metso’s Minerals business and Outotec, which is currently expected to take place on June 30, 2020, subject to the receipt of all required regulatory and other approvals, including competition clearances.
Combined, the future Metso Outotec is designed to leverage the strengths and expertise of both companies.
Metso Outotec will consist of the following six business areas:
- Aggregates, providing crushing and screening equipment for the production of aggregates.
- Minerals, providing equipment and full plant solutions for minerals processing, covering comminution, separation and pumps.
- Metals, providing processing solutions and equipment for metals refining and chemical processing.
- Recycling, providing equipment and services for metal and waste recycling.
- Services, providing spare parts, refurbishments and professional services for mining, metals and aggregates customers.
- Consumables, providing a comprehensive offering of wear parts for mining, metals and aggregates processes.
The following appointments for the future Metso Outotec executive team have been made:
- Markku Simula, President, Aggregates. He currently serves as President, Aggregates Equipment at Metso.
- Stephan Kirsch, President, Minerals. He currently serves as President, Mining Equipment at Metso.
- Jari Ålgars, President, Metals. He currently serves as the CFO at Outotec.
- Uffe Hansen, President, Recycling. He currently serves as President, Recycling at Metso.
- Markku Teräsvasara, President, Services and Deputy CEO. He currently serves as the President and CEO at Outotec.
- Sami Takaluoma, President, Consumables. He currently serves as President, Minerals Consumables at Metso.
In addition to the business area Presidents, the following function heads and executive team members have been appointed:
- Eeva Sipilä, CFO and Deputy CEO. Her appointment was announced on July 4, 2019. Currently she serves as the CFO and Deputy CEO at Metso.
- Nina Kiviranta, General Counsel. She currently serves as General Counsel at Outotec.
- Piia Karhu, Senior Vice President, Business Development. She currently serves as Senior Vice President, Customer Experience at Finnair. She will join the company on July 1, 2020.
- Hannele Järvistö, Senior Vice President, Human Resources (interim). She currently serves as Senior Vice President, Human Resources (interim) at Metso. This appointment is valid until a new position-holder has been selected and will start in this role.
All the above-mentioned persons will report to Metso Outotec’s future President and CEO Pekka Vauramo.