End users specify a target flow and pressure for the service they require. When they specify a tolerance they are sharing how accurate the pump created for the service needs to be, it can be a general indicator of how important the pumped service is to the process.
David Cowan of ITT Goulds Pumps joins the Pumps & Systems podcast to talk about the importance of tolerances.
This podcast is sponsored by WorldWide Electric.
On the podcast:
- Why do we need tolerances?
- What does it mean to the end user and manufacturer?
- How do tolerances affect how performance curves are drawn?
- How do tolerances impact the product received?
- How can users avoid higher life cycle costs from oversized products that provide more power than needed?
That and more on this episode of the podcast.