ATLANTA (August 26, 2020) – Registration is now open for the Society for Maintenance & Reliability Professionals’ (SMRP) 28th Annual Conference, which will take place virtually from October 19-21 due to the coronavirus. Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in over 30 sessions and workshops covering current issues within the maintenance and reliability profession, including a closing panel led by M&R thought leaders and an OSHA representative about planning for the future and innovations within the context of COVID-19.
“While the SMRP Annual Conference will look different this year, the benefits remain the same, if not better,” said Erin Erickson, SMRP executive director. “We’re offering more than 20 hours of education at less than half the price of our traditional in-person event. With no travel or hotel costs to factor in, we’re anticipating a more diverse, international audience, which will bring about new perspectives for our engaging workshops and networking opportunities.”
The conference will kick off on Monday, October 19 with six workshops covering topics such as motion amplification, successfully implementing a CBM, and how-to justify reliability expenses. Tuesday, October 20 and Wednesday, October 21 will consist of educational sessions that fit into SMRP’s five Body of Knowledge pillars: business and management, manufacturing process reliability, equipment reliability, organization and leadership, and work management.
Monday, October 19 [Workshops]
- Stop the Snore: Utilize a Visual FMEA
- Overcoming Real- World Economic Realities to Successfully Implement a CBM
- Everyone Supports Reliability, But What Are You Willing to Pay?
- Maintenance, Reliability and Asset Management - Where Does One End and Another Begin?
- An Introduction to Reliable Manufacturing
- Motion Amplification: A Hands-on Workshop with Data Capture and Analysis on Live Equipment
Tuesday, October 20 [Education Sessions]
- How to Improve Reliability and Reduce TCO by Implementing an Asset Management Process
- Implementing Operational Reliability at The Little Potato Company
- Delivering the Integrated Maintenance Manual for a New Dairy Plant
- Growing Tomorrow’s Reliability Leaders
- Prioritizing the Work: Practical Alternatives for Better Decision Making
- Digital Transformation: A Practical Maintenance Perspective
- Leveraging Data and Process Change for Better Workforce Management at Jeffco Schools
- Power Systems Safety, Reliability, Quality, Life Cycle, and Maintenance Management
- Why RCFA Needs Root Cause Case Management to Succeed
- Change Culture. Start Now.
- Scheduling of Maintenance: Weekly and Daily
- Data Mining and Visualization to Promote MRO Excellence
Wednesday, October 21 [Education Sessions]
- Learnings from the Greenfield- Building your R&M Strategy from Scratch
- Equipment Centerline Process Can Improve Efficiency by as much as 60%
- Successful Deployment of a PdM & Ultrasound-Assisted Lubrication Program
- How to Wreck a Reliability Program in 10 Easy Steps
- Maintenance Planning and Scheduling from Scratch to Defeat Parkinson's Law
- Data-Based Digital Twin for Predictive Maintenance and Fault Diagnosis in Oil Facilities
- How to Start a Maintenance and Reliability Initiative
- How to Optimize Strategic Asset Management Planning with an Integrated System
- The Evolution of a Predictive Maintenance Program
- Reacting to Failure: Capitalizing on Mistakes to Turn that Frown Upside Down
- Does Your Maintenance and Reliability Program Need to Go on a Lean Diet?
- Digital Transformation Powered by the Industrial IoT and Predictive Analytics
To register and learn more about the event, visit smrpannualconference.org.