DENVER – The American Water Works Association (AWWA) today announced the five recipients of its inaugural 5 Under 35 – Outstanding Young Professional Award. The new award recognizes and honors young professional AWWA members who have demonstrated outstanding service to their sections or the association through leadership and active participation in young professional programs.
The 2021 award winners are:
- Jeff Blakely, American Pipe, Rocky Mountain Section (Colorado)
- Amanda Jones, Marana Water, Arizona Section
- Jihyon Im, CDM Smith, New England Water Works Association (New Hampshire)
- John Logan, Trinity River Authority of Texas, Texas Section
- Robert Parks, City of Independence Water Utility, Missouri Section
The 2021 award winners were chosen from 23 nominees from North America and evaluated on eight criteria.
The award recognizes young AWWA members who actively pursue their advancement in the water sector through engagement in student and young professional events and activities and by representing students and young professionals’ interests throughout AWWA. The individual must be an AWWA member and under 35 years of age when nominated.