Dr. Lev Nelik (aka “Dr. Pump”) is president of Pumping Machinery, LLC, an Atlanta-based firm specializing in pump consulting, training, equipment troubleshooting and pump repairs. Dr. Nelik has 30 years of experience in pumps and pumping equipment. He can be contacted at www.PumpingMachinery.com.
1. AlChE Equipment Testing Procedure for Centrifugal Pumps (Newtonian Liquids), 2nd Edition, AlChE, New York, 1984.
2. AlChE Equipment Testing Procedure for Rotary Positive Displacement Pumps (Newtonian Liquids), Second printing, New York, N.Y., 1968.
3. AlChE Equipment Testing Procedure, New York, N.Y., 1999.
4. API 610 Standard for Centrifugal Pumps, 8th Edition, American Petroleum Institute, Washington, D.C., August 1995.
5. API 676 Standard for Rotary Pumps, 2nd Edition, American Petroleum Institute, Washington, D.C., December 1994.
6. Nelik, L., Centrifugal and Rotary Pumps: Fundamentals with Applications, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla., March 1999.
7. Pump Standards, Hydraulic Institute, ANSI/HI 1.1 1.5 1994, Parsippany, N.J., 1994.
8. Rizo, L., Nelik, L., “Piping-to-Pump Alignment,” Pumps & Systems, April 1999.