Dr. Nelik (aka "Dr. Pump") is president of Pumping Machinery, LLC, an Atlanta-based firm specializing in pump consulting, training, equipment troubleshooting and pump repairs. Dr. Nelik has 30 years experience in pumps and pumping equipment.
References and Bibliography
1. Nelik, L., “How Much Energy is Wasted When Wear Rings Are Worn to Double Their Initial Value?,” Pumps & Systems, March 2007, page 18
2. Knoch, H., Kracker, J., and Long., W., “Sintered Alpha Silicon Carbide Pump Bearings – Tribological Materials Optimization to Improve Reliability,” Texas A&M Pump Symposium, October 1993, Houston, Texas.
3. Komin, Robert P., “Improving Pump Reliability in light Hydrocarbon and Condensate Service With Graphite/Metal Alloy Wear Parts” Texas A&M Pump Symposium, 1990, Houston, Texas.
4. Walker, Eben T., “Bearings Take the Heat,” Machine Design, May 2004.
5. Komin, Robert P., “Improving boiler feedwater pump reliability with Graphite/Metal alloy wear parts,” Pump Engineer, May 2004.
6. “GRAPHALLOY Pump Application Guide,” Graphite Metallizing Corp., USA, copyright 2008.