The industry faced a lot of changes last year, but our authors, partners and team bringing you fresh technical and newsworthy content remains a constant. Thank you for joining us in 2016 to read the articles below and so many more. We hope you'll stick with us in 2017 to get even more insights from leaders in the industry. Below are the most popular articles on pumpsandsystems.com in 2016.
10. Valve Stem Packing Compression & Installation
It all comes down to proper installation with precisely the right material.
9. Understanding Pump Curves
Columist Jim Elsey explains "drooping curves" and what that means for your system.
8. Obtain Maximum Bearing Life & Performance
Achieve pump and motor longevity by providing proper storage, avoiding pre-service damage, and conducting sound handling and maintenance procedures.
7. Western Hemisphere's Largest Seawater Desalination Plant Open for Business
The Claude 'Bud' Lewis Carlsbad Desalination Plant in Southern California uses reverse osmosis to produce more than 50 million gallons of drinking water daily.
6. What You Need to Know About Parallel Pump Operation
5. Follow These 10 Tips for Better Pump Efficiency
Properly sizing systems, utilizing well-trained operators and performing routine maintenance can help overcome day-to-day challenges.
4. 10 Tips for Better Pump Life Management
When the whole plant unexpectedly shuts down, then the pump gets attention. By simply monitoring pump pressures, however, users can avoid this problem.
3. Take this Quiz: Are You a Pump Ninja?
When you think of your pump knowledge, does the word “ninja” come to mind? Take this quiz and write down your answers.
2. Cavitation vs. Air Entrainment
Knowing the differences between cavitation and air entrainment is the first step to preventing equipment damage.
1. What You Need to Know about NPSH & Cavitation
Columnist Lev Nelik breaks down the importance of these topics and what you need to know to maintain efficiency.
As always, we love to hear from you! Have a story idea or a comment on how we're doing? Email us at email@example.com.
To read the most popular articles from 2015, click here.